-
April 3rd, 2001, 06:03 AM
#21
Inactive Member
Alex
That last post reminded me of a "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip. If you have read those magnificent strips of joy, you will remeber ones where Calvin argues with himself, only to win with himself. Its marverlous!
How I miss those strips.
Scott
-
April 3rd, 2001, 10:28 AM
#22
Inactive Member
This is getting a bit heady. Watch it, Alex.
My compliments were just that, not a nomination for Prez. Geez!
I suspect, again, the best way to wind up this delightful muddle is to quote the now infamous Rollemfilm:
"."
/Pat
-
April 10th, 2001, 02:22 AM
#23
Inactive Member
-
April 12th, 2001, 03:47 AM
#24
Inactive Member
107 emails are sent to Kodak so far ...
/Andreas
-
April 12th, 2001, 01:48 PM
#25
Inactive Member
without super 8 I would never have considered entering the world of filmaking, so I have the format to thank for everything I will learn as a result of becoming involved in amatuer film making. I hope kodaks product range will reflect this very important aspect of the small format market by growing and developing.
-
July 6th, 2001, 08:22 AM
#26
HB Forum Moderator
Lets not forget the petition.
-Alex
-
August 14th, 2001, 03:26 PM
#27
Inactive Member
Just bouncing this up too. The petition is still going.
-
August 15th, 2001, 06:01 PM
#28
Inactive Member
Signed it up.. Boing-boing
-
August 16th, 2001, 02:58 AM
#29
HB Forum Moderator
I say if we have sent in our e-mail once, ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH.
Especially if we do not get a response.
We should be resending our e-mail's once every week at first, then in an increasing crescendo until we get responses.
Afterall, if our e-mail was not acknowledged the first time, the damage is done.
We "believe" we did our part by e-mailing...
...when in fact, no knows or even remembers that the proverbial e-mail tree fell in the forest.
So secure in the knowledge that we did "something"...we don't try again...
Zero X Zero = Zero.
But if we try 5 times, and finally get a response.....take those 5 zeros and put a 5 in front of all of those zeros!
And of course, once you get a response...you will expect to get follow-ups and updates...and responses to future e-mails.
When I finish this post, I'm sending Kodak another e-mail...not as nice as the first time, but polite, and firm....requesting a response of some type NOT COMPUTER GENERATED.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My message (all are welcome to cut, paste and use it)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/participate/petition/
Super-8 film is a viable, stable film format that does not fall victim to the everchanging digital format wars....
Simply re-transferring Super-8 film to ANY digital format allows Super-8 to remain a viable film alternative that complements digital video rather than competing with it.
Super-8 is currently experiencing a resurgence due to the internet and filmmakers love of film.
Please support Super-8's growth rather than schedule it's demise.
Our growing numbers request responses to our e-mails from Kodak representatives, we won't settle for less.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 19, 2001).]
-
August 19th, 2001, 04:27 AM
#30
HB Forum Moderator
A further suggestion.
We should find out who needs to be contact at Kodak and start doing it as individuals.
We run the risk of being pidgeon-holed as "one-group".
I say, submit under the petition, but also as an individual.
Anyone have the proper e-mail address for this effort?
-Alex
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks